Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review of Signature Nail Systems

Those who know me know that I am completely OBSESSED with nails. From the most creative artwork, to long stiletto nails, 3-D designs and the latest nail creation, I love it all. Unfortunately for me, I'm a nail biter. Not just a nibbler either. I will pick and bite until my nails are bleeding. I know, I know. It is a disgusting, terrible habit! But after 23 years, I still have yet to break it. I have consistently gotten my nails done (every 3-5 weeks) since I was about 17 years old. I love new and different techniques and have tried it all: acrylics, solar, hard gel (the kind you can't soak off), Shellac, fiberglass, silk wraps, and I have also tried other types of gel such at OPI, Gelish, etc.

My first love in nail enhancements would have to be hard gel. I've used a few types, but my favorite brand thus far for hard gel would have to be LUXE nails. It is what got me hooked on regularly getting my nails done. The look and feel so natural, as well as they were minimally damaging to my nail bed. It also helped that my nail tech was amazing and created the most beautifully shaped nails. Because I am so hard on my nails and such a picker, I also loved how strong and durable hard gels were. I could wear them with a tip (if need be) or on my natural nail. It helped me reduce my biting and allow me to grow out my natural nail- something I had never been able to do.

Once I moved to Texas, I found it nearly impossible to find nail techs and salons that actually used hard gel products. I love the look and feel of shellac ( or OPI gel) nails, but alas, they aren't strong enough for my biting habits. My nails would look beautiful for about a week, and then with one small pick, I would easily rip of the gel and continue biting. I've even tried wearing OPI gel colors with tips under them ( there is a LOT of building of the gel involved to remove the look of any tip lines). Once again, my nails would be perfectly manicured for about a week and a half. Then my bad habit would get the better of me, and I was popping off my nails within minutes.

I'm completely fine with acrylics. I recognize adding tips to my nails is called an "enhancement" therefore, I'm not one of those people who necessarily needs "natural" or organic nails. I'm also so hard on my nails that I am ok if the enhancement does scuff up my nail a bit. In order for the nail enhancements to be more durable and stick, some filing down will be necessary. My major issue with acrylics is the fills. I don't like to get fills because even after just one, my nails begin to feel like talons. The nail just gets too thick and heavy for my liking. I typically like to just get a fresh set- which means more money, and it also means removing the old set which is a painful and time- consuming process. In my search for the perfect type of nails to replace my beloved hard gel sets, I discovered the Signature Nail Systems, or SNS nails.

SNS nails claim they are "healthy natural nails." They say they are organic, there is no odor or primer, no need for a UV light and that the products contain various vitamins and minerals. Do I necessarily  believe this system is completely natural and organic? No. As I said earlier though, being completely natural and organic isn't really a concern of mine.

A description of the benefits of SNS, as well as a chart comparing this system to other nail systems. More information can be found on the SNS website: http://signaturenailsystems.com/Home.html

Intrigued by the idea of something that feels as light as gel, but as sturdy and durable as acrylics without the heavy damage, I spent hours upon hours researching salons that provided this service. I am not typically a "nail salon" girl. I've had my fair share of great salons, but also dingy unclean salons that had a serious language barrier and ruined my nails. I will visit various nail salons for pedicures, but when it comes to my sets, I usually seek out an actual nail tech. Once I find a professional tech whose work I like, I usually stick with them.  My understanding is SNS has been around for many years now. However, I found it difficult to find a salon who provided this service here in Austin. I poured over reviews prior to trying a place. Many reviewers described botched SNS services where their nails were painted with regular polish, they were still cured under lights, or worse, they received basically an acrylic set with a gel coat. With my confidence wavering a bit, I settled on two nail salons. One salon had amazing ratings, but is located far south Austin- near Onion Creek. Since I am North Austin, I was reluctant to make the nearly 30 mile trek ( one way) just to get a set of nails. The other nail salon I stumbled upon was called Studio nails and Spa, and was only 7 miles from me. My major concern was that this salon seemed fairly new, and there were no ratings on it as of yet. After studying their website and watching numerous youtube videos of the SNS process ( so I could call them out if they did anything that wasn't actually part of the system), I made a leap of faith and went to Studio Nails and Spa.

When I arrived I  was warmly greeted. I was the only one in the salon, but both girls working were sweet and friendly. They were also conversational. The salon, upon first scan, was large and simple, but very clean. I explained I wanted an SNS set, and they immediately brought out a huge section of their color swatches. I was impressed already! Such a variety of color choices- a confidence boost for me. Lan was the lovely lady working on my set. She decided for my first set it would be best to add tips, and then hopefully during the fill tip enhancements would no longer be needed. She was gentle and meticulous. She didn't file and drill my nails down relentlessly, and she actually redid a nail completely because she wasn't happy with how it turned out.

The SNS process is interesting. The best way I can describe it is basically a gel/ acrylic hybrid. After shaping my nails, she put one coat of gel on. Then she dipped my nails into an extremely fine clear powder as the "base coat." She then flicked my finger (to dust off any excess) and moved on to the next finger. She repeated this process twice on each nail, as she said she wanted to build up the base a bit more on my nails. She then put another coat of gel and dipped each finger in the my chosen colored powder twice. After the color was added, she added a gel coat again, letting it dry by a fan for a moment. The final touch was a top coat, which glossed the nails to a high sheen. I immediately loved them. They felt so natural and thin, looked as gorgeous as a shellac set, but felt EXTREMELY strong and durable. She charged me $40 for a new set. In completing my research, this was a very reasonable price for a new set of SNS nails. In comparison to the amount of money I have spent on other sets in the past, I also found this price to be fair.


My first SNS nail set in a Lavender color. I had just gotten done with a crazy (and long) set of stiletto nails, so I asked her to file my nails down extra short and shape them as natural as possible.


I was curious about the "fill" process,  since the color essentially came from a powder and likely could not simply be "added to" like they normally do with an acrylic set. She said they would soak my nails for just a minute or two in acetone to soften the powder up, and then essentially shave off the colored powder so that a new color could be added. It sounded like it wouldn't get built up and heavy like an acrylic set, so (depending on how the set wore) I figured I would try a fill with the SNS rather than getting a new set.


After three weeks of wear, my nails were in excellent condition! There was little lifting, all 10 nails were still intact, and there was no color fading/ chipping. I did have one nail that was slightly loose, so just shortly after hitting the three-week mark, I decided to go get my fill done. She soaked my fingers in acetone for about 2 minutes. The gel/ powder mixture immediately became almost gooey. She then used the drill to shave off all the layers, leaving just a very thin base layer as the starting point. She actually just pulled off the one loose nail I had (and started over fresh with that nail). I was impressed at how painless it was and how little damage was done to my nail in comparison to acrylics. She repeated the same base coat/ dip, color coat/ dip process as the first time. For my fill, she had me dry next to the little table fan for just a few minutes longer. She said it was because she did not was any bumps in the top coat. Does this make the SNS completely free of any drying time as it claims? NO. But again, waiting a few minutes at a fan does not make a huge impact on my opinion of a set. My fill cost me $28. This was a huge savings for me because usually after 3-4weeks I am paying for an entirely new set.


This is my fill set after about a week and a half of wear. You can see they look still look amazing- nearly new! I chose the color "Puppies Breath", which is a peachy/ nude natural color. I plan to get another fill in 3 weeks, to see if the sets remain as durable and lightweight.


Overall I have been LOVING my SNS nail sets! My hands are constantly in water at work, and I haven't noticed it effecting my nails. They look very natural. Most people think they are simply shellac or gel set. I have had little to no lifting even on my fill set, and I have yet to have a nail crack or any color chip off. At this point they really fit my needs. They are strong and VERY durable, help my natural nail grow, have high shine with beautiful colors, and no UV lights or thick and heavy powders are required. I would encourage you to give them a try if you're curious about the system. It was worth it for me! I would also encourage you to do your homework to find the perfect salon. Just like the gel craze, so many salons claim they offer this service, but really they just use acrylic powder in place of the actual process.

For those of you who have tried it- what are your thoughts? I would love to hear others' experiences (good and bad) with the Signature Nail Systems.

If you're in the Austin area and would like to check out the salon where I got my SNS sets, please visit:
http://studionailsspa.com/

- The POSH Lady



60 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in trying SNS in my nail spa. Is there any sanitation regulations that might prevent salons in Texas from using this product because of the dipping of fingers? Please could someone let me know if this is a concern? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting SNS for over a year. I am and truly was in love. The colors were simply gorgeous, no uv light and no dry time. I allow my physical attraction of the SNS to blind me in safety regulations.
      I am a registered nurse and I should no better. We are dealing with several women for fingers dipping and re-dipping into the same powered jar.

      Concerns;
      -some women go to the bathroom, have a bowel movement and urinate; flush the toilet and walk directly out the bathroom without washing their hands... At this point we have feces in finger tips, discharges from the vagina if any venereal disease. Then, the woman sticks get contaminated finger into the jar and contaminate the product

      - women who bite nails and skin off fingers; their fingers look undesired, raw l, with pecks of blood spots...once again this woman sticks her finger into the powered jar; exposing other to whatever she may have

      -many diseases to be concerned of hepatitis, herpes, hiv, many nail and fungal infection

      At this point I am afraid...my overall safety and health are more important than fashion

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU.... GOOD INFORMATION. I HADN'T THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. I WILL NOT GET SNS BECAUSE EVERYONE DIPS THEIR FINGERS IN THE SAME JAR.

      Delete
    3. I love Sns however my first concern was everyone dipping fingers but I have over come that and deal with it. I am an LPN so this of course was my first concern. Love the product, have been going for a year now and I always reccomend this product it has outlasted anything else.

      Delete
    4. The salon tech is not only supposed to make sure the client washes their hands, they're also supposed to sanitize the hands with alcohol after. If they are not doing this they are not practicing good hygiene and I would not get jy nails done there.

      Delete
    5. The salon tech is not only supposed to make sure the client washes their hands, they're also supposed to sanitize the hands with alcohol after. If they are not doing this they are not practicing good hygiene and I would not get jy nails done there.

      Delete
  2. I'm very interested in trying SNS in my nail spa. Is there any sanitation regulations that might prevent salons in Texas from using this product because of the dipping of fingers? Please could someone let me know if this is a concern? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting SNS for over a year. I am and truly was in love. The colors were simply gorgeous, no uv light and no dry time. I allow my physical attraction of the SNS to blind me in safety regulations.
      I am a registered nurse and I should no better. We are dealing with several women for fingers dipping and re-dipping into the same powered jar.

      Concerns;
      -some women go to the bathroom, have a bowel movement and urinate; flush the toilet and walk directly out the bathroom without washing their hands... At this point we have feces in finger tips, discharges from the vagina if any venereal disease. Then, the woman sticks get contaminated finger into the jar and contaminate the product

      - women who bite nails and skin off fingers; their fingers look undesired, raw l, with pecks of blood spots...once again this woman sticks her finger into the powered jar; exposing other to whatever she may have

      -many diseases to be concerned of hepatitis, herpes, hiv, many nail and fungal infection

      At this point I am afraid...my overall safety and health are more important than fashion

      Delete
    2. Hi Sylvia - you could always ask to purchase your own powders for sanitary reasons. I've done that with my salon and then take in the powder for the color I want. You can purchase the powders online for a pretty reasonable price.

      Delete
  3. Great question! To my knowledge, there are no regulations in Texas regarding using this method. I have seen other reviews which share this same concern, but I have yet to see any resolution to address it. For me, it wasn't a major concern, because I knew the salon I went to was clean and thus required me to cleanse my hands prior to dipping into powder. However, I can definitely see how there is a potential lack of sanitation involved. I don't think there is any way to avoid dipping the nail (i.e. sprinkling powder on the nail bed) and get the same results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting SNS for over a year. I am and truly was in love. The colors were simply gorgeous, no uv light and no dry time. I allow my physical attraction of the SNS to blind me in safety regulations.
      I am a registered nurse and I should no better. We are dealing with several women for fingers dipping and re-dipping into the same powered jar.

      Concerns;
      -some women go to the bathroom, have a bowel movement and urinate; flush the toilet and walk directly out the bathroom without washing their hands... At this point we have feces in finger tips, discharges from the vagina if any venereal disease. Then, the woman sticks get contaminated finger into the jar and contaminate the product

      - women who bite nails and skin off fingers; their fingers look undesired, raw l, with pecks of blood spots...once again this woman sticks her finger into the powered jar; exposing other to whatever she may have

      -many diseases to be concerned of hepatitis, herpes, hiv, many nail and fungal infection

      At this point I am afraid...my overall safety and health are more important than fashion

      Delete
    2. I just got them done for the first time and the lady I went too. Puts it in a little glass and dip your finger into the glass then discards the remaining powder for reasons similar to what you mentioned!

      Delete
  4. How are you feeling about SNS a year later? Are you still getting them filled over and over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer!
      Great question- sorry for my delayed response. After a year later, I must admit I still love SNS nails. Do I think they are any more natural or gentle on your nails than acrylics? No. But I do think they offer greater durability, performance, and are much more natural looking. Unfortunately, SNS nails or "dipping nails" is growing in popularity, and the nails salons are taking advantage of this. I went from paying $35-40 for my nails, to now being charged $50-$55 at some places. Also, many salons are no longer offering fills on SNS nails, as they can be quite time consuming. They prefer to charge for a full set each time. I have been switching back and forth between acrylics and SNS nails, and actually went bare nails for quite a few months this past year to let my nails breathe. Overall, if I want a natural looking nail that has the finish of a gel but the durability of an acrylic, my favorite is always the SNS nail.

      Delete
    2. Hi! I'm moving to Austin in October. I live in Richmond VA now and go to a wonderful Salon for shellac nails (Red Nails 2 at Willow Lawn...Moi or Eunice:). I'd heard Austin was not top their for shellac nails so thank you for this recommendation! I can now check this off my list and have a piece of mind about getting my nails done in my new home of Austin Texas!
      Jill

      Delete
    3. Hi! I'm moving to Austin in October. I live in Richmond VA now and go to a wonderful Salon for shellac nails (Red Nails 2 at Willow Lawn...Moi or Eunice:). I'd heard Austin was not top their for shellac nails so thank you for this recommendation! I can now check this off my list and have a piece of mind about getting my nails done in my new home of Austin Texas!
      Jill

      Delete
    4. Hi Jill!

      I apologize for my VERY late response.... I have been offline for a bit! Did you end up checking this place out? Have you discovered any other places in Austin for SNS nails? I moved to Dallas, and I must agree with you; Dallas has far more options regarding offering the SNS service than Austin did!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words and viewing my blog! I appreciate it greatly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing!! I love how pretty it is! Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post. :)

    Gel nails in Brentwood & Gel nails in Gidea park

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I appreciate your very thorough review of SNS nails. I stumbled upon your blog while trying to do research on it - guess I'm late to try out the craze! It is hard to find a salon that does it, a friend of mine had told me about it so I started looking for a salon in the New England area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to read my blog! Have you found any luck in your area with any nail salons offering SNS? Have you tried this type of nail yet? What are your thoughts?

      Delete
    2. There is one salon in Ashburnham MA that does SNS..I had my done for first time and I love it.

      Delete
    3. There is one salon in Ashburnham MA that does SNS..I had my done for first time and I love it.

      Delete
  9. I have been doing nails in the Fort Worth area for 23 years and am considering this service for a client requesting it. My first love is acrylic. I don't believe in doing a new set hardly ever. I feel like it is too hard on the natural nail. If acrylics are done right they shouldn't lift and shouldn't need a new set and shouldn't get heavy feeling if your keeping them thinned down. My question is how long does it truly take to soak them off and start again after a previous service. My hesitation in doing this is that soaking off can take forever. I have 45 min appt spots and I can do the colored acrylic or pink and white no problem in that time but i am afraid if I have to soak the SNS and then prep so much overtime I won't be able to do it in the 45 min I have. Thank you for answering my question ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandi,
      I completely apologize for this VERY late response.... I have been offline regarding my blog for a bit! I actually just moved to the DFW myself (North Dallas)!!! We left Austin in August.... where is your salon in Fort Worth? Did you add SNS to your listing of offerings? While I feel, overall that SNS didn't give me as brittle of nails/ deep ridges after wear, I definitely agree with your concerns. With 45 minute appts, I think soaking off and reapplying each time would just take too long. The only way you could offer it, is if they kept the same color and you essentially did just a fill. Otherwise, I think it would take you an addition 15-30 minutes per appointment. What are your thoughts? Are lots of clients asking for it?

      Delete
    2. Hi what I do is have the client come in and soak off while another client is having their nails done.

      Delete
  10. I live in Cedar Park, TX, just North of Austin. I have discovered a salon in Cedar Park, TX called Bloom Nails & Spa just in front of the Costco. Jason is my Nail Tech and he is really an artist, in my opinion. He just did a set of French Tip SNS yesterday and they are so pretty, unbelievably light weight and so durable. This manicure will last me 2-3 weeks. I am very satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for my VERY late response! Are you still receiving SNS nails at Bloom nails? What are your thoughts on this type vs. acrylics? I moved to DFW from Austin in August, and I must admit, there are far more salon options here! I have been actually letting my nails breathe for a bit, and just doing either natural manicures or shellac.

      Delete
  11. I just had the SNS service & i must admit that I'm pleased. I was a little hesitant about the $40 cost, but it was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for my VERY late response! Are you still receiving SNS nails? What are your thoughts on this type vs. acrylics? Where did you go?

      Delete
  12. I have been sns for a little over a year and I swear by it my nails are so much stronger even after I soak off. Its hard to grow my nails out and with this they grow and are still strong once they are off... I never do gel or acrylic anymore and is the best thing I've ever tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for my VERY late response! Are you still receiving SNS nails? Where did you go? I know you mentioned you never do gel or acrylic anymore- is this still the case? For me, I've found that I get bored after awhile and need a change. I have been rotating between gel, natural nail, SNS and acrylic for the past year or so.

      Delete
  13. Just curious is the salon you recommend in this post still around? The link to the website doesn't seem to work. When I did a Google search quite a few popped up with the same name and not so great reviews. Where was this salon located? I'm in North Austin as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I apologize for my VERY late response! I have been offline for awhile.... I moved to DFW from Austin in August, so to be honest, I'm not sure if the salon is still there. Last time I checked in August it was! It is located right by the walmart that is near mopac and Anderson lane (across from the Alamo Drafthouse and Goodnight's). Have you gotten SNS nails? What are your thoughts on this type vs. acrylics? Where did you go?

      Delete
  14. I just did my first set of SNS Nd I absolutely love it. My nails look amazing I'm interested In seeing how they hold up with my busy mom life. Overall very happy so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my first set of SNS last week. I am a very busy wife and mother also. I was a lot of dishes. After a week, my nails still look great. I am truly loving this.

      Delete
    2. I got my first set of SNS last week. I am a very busy wife and mother also. I was a lot of dishes. After a week, my nails still look great. I am truly loving this.

      Delete
    3. I apologize for my VERY late response! I've been offline for a bit... Are you still receiving SNS nails? What are your thoughts on this type vs. acrylics? What about gel? Where you ever doing any shellac? Where did you go?

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the post! I am also in the North Austin area. I got mine done at VIP nails just in front of the HEB Plus at Lakeline. I'm rough on my nails; I work in healthcare and use hand sanitizer constantly which was always rough on gel before, but it had no impact on SNS. Fantastic! It lasted 2 weeks without chipping; I got them redone at that point because my nails grow out fast, but the polish was still very robust. I had no idea you could get them filled, so thanks for the info!

    I decided to get a full set to replace them just last night at a place called Aroma Nails in Round Rock on University. Aroma's top coat process was totally different. They used a Gelish top coat and put my hand under LED lights, whereas VIP used SNS the whole time and no lights were used, just the fan. Then, this morning I took my daughter for swim lessons and when I got out of the pool, the top coat was chipping off! Not impressed! Definitely no 2 salons are created equal! Hoping to go somewhere and get the top coat redone the right way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and apologize for my VERY late response! I have been offline for a bit, as I moved to DFW in August. Are you still receiving SNS nails? I too have gone to salons where they do a gelish top coat and call it SNS. That is cheating in my book! Basically, I would consider that an acrylic set with gel overlay at that point. I too was not very impressed with the durability of a set done with the gel topcoat. I have only enjoyed SNS sets when they actually stay true to the process! What do you think about SNS vs. shellac?

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the post! I am also in the North Austin area. I got mine done at VIP nails just in front of the HEB Plus at Lakeline. I'm rough on my nails; I work in healthcare and use hand sanitizer constantly which was always rough on gel before, but it had no impact on SNS. Fantastic! It lasted 2 weeks without chipping; I got them redone at that point because my nails grow out fast, but the polish was still very robust. I had no idea you could get them filled, so thanks for the info!

    I decided to get a full set to replace them just last night at a place called Aroma Nails in Round Rock on University. Aroma's top coat process was totally different. They used a Gelish top coat and put my hand under LED lights, whereas VIP used SNS the whole time and no lights were used, just the fan. Then, this morning I took my daughter for swim lessons and when I got out of the pool, the top coat was chipping off! Not impressed! Definitely no 2 salons are created equal! Hoping to go somewhere and get the top coat redone the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for posting this review! It's been a while since you did, but it still popped up in a search for "SNS nail removal" ... I never get my nails done but decided to treat myself. The salon called this "nexgen" but I noticed SNS was the name on all the coats and powders they used, so I got curious. Interesting to see how the process should be done and how techs will modify it! I'm only a day in but I'm loving these nails! Seems like they will hold up for me. I'm already looking for another salon to do either a fill or new set in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! thanks for taking the time to read my post! I apologize for my VERY late response- I moved to DFW and have been offline for awhile. Are you still receiving SNS nails? What do you think about the "fill" process compared to acrylics? I have recently also seen salons call it nexgen- especially here in the DFW area. My understanding is that it is just a competing brand name, but the same process. Do you still prefer this over gel/ acrylics?

      Delete
  18. I have a daughter who loves getting her nails done but she's a horrible nail biter so I wasn't sure if it was worth the investment thanks for putting my mind at ease. Did it make you bite your nails less since you couldn't find any snags or weak spots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I apologize for my VERY late response! I would absolutely say yes!!! If a found a little lifting in my shellac gel nails, or if there was a little crack in my acrylics, it would always make me bite and pick more. SNS nails held together very well in my experience, with no weird lifts or chips. Did your daughter get a set? What do you think? How does the cost and maintenance compare for you?

      Delete
  19. I just tried a set of SNS nails and I'm loving them! I live in NC and trends seem to trickle in...I didn't know about SNS until the nail tech suggested them after I told her I wanted a healthier option for my bitten off nails. I must say they feel lighter and less painful (sometimes my fingers would be sore after getting acrylic). I think $40 for a set is totally worth it although I'm not sure if that's what I'll be paying each visit. Is is a fill in if I'm changing my color?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just tried a set of SNS nails and I'm loving them! I live in NC and trends seem to trickle in...I didn't know about SNS until the nail tech suggested them after I told her I wanted a healthier option for my bitten off nails. I must say they feel lighter and less painful (sometimes my fingers would be sore after getting acrylic). I think $40 for a set is totally worth it although I'm not sure if that's what I'll be paying each visit. Is is a fill in if I'm changing my color?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got my nails done for the first time in what feels like forever. Originally planning to get acrylics for the first time, the lady at the nail salon showed me the SNS option, and immediately I wanted to try them, as I was a little skeptical about getting acrylics in the first place. So far, three days with them, I love them so much! They are definitely my new obsession, and I will be getting them redone for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found SNS nails through a friend. I researched it on line and then called the company. There were no salons near where I lived so I had the salon I go to check it out. My nail tech read up on it then applied the SNS nail products that I purchased directly from SNS. BUT my tech said you do not fill them but apply a whole new set each time. She charges my $25 each time, but I supply the products! I may have to check out more salons!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been getting SNS nails at Soho nails in Knoxville TN. I am surprised by all of the responses that their techs will not fill. I get regular fill ins every 3 weeks. My tech, Amy, does file down the color, but then starts with a new color with no issues. I pay $45 for a full set and $35 for a fill. I love them. They are so thin, look and act like my regular nails, and don't leave the unsightly ridges like acrylic does.

    ReplyDelete
  24. if you are in Fort Worth and wNt to try SNS powder dipping nails

    U Nails & Spa carries 230 colors
    8173327484

    ReplyDelete
  25. if you are in Fort Worth and wNt to try SNS powder dipping nails

    U Nails & Spa carries 230 colors
    8173327484

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is wonderful and quite informative blog I have learnt so many things from here.

    Hair Growth

    ReplyDelete
  27. I did SNS 18 days ago. After 4 days two fingers developed cracks. After a week, the cracks peeled. Now I have 3 fingers with peeled parts! I work at office and do not do much of house work! Anyone with similar experience?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I got a nexgen dip in Ft. Worth a week and a half ago, and I am in love!! I am a diy'er when it comes to this sort of thing, and nexgen isn't sold commercially. Have you found any info on sns vs revel vs nexgen? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good review of SNS nails vs. various other methods. I just tried SNS while visiting my son in.VA and immediately searched out and found a place upon returning home. I love the nails, yet the TN shop only do "new sets," more expensive and I have had two nails chip and crack in three weeks. I am wondering if they need to build the Nail more before applying color. Thanks again. I do like the benefits....no odor, no us light, natural look.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I had my first experience with SNS nails 3 weeks ago, while I was visiting my son in Nashville. I have loved them, and now I'm having a hard time finding a salon to do a refill here in Knoxville! My nails have grown a lot in the last 3 weeks, which is pretty unusual for me! It's been great to see these thoughts and concerns. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have learned that NextGen has acrylic powder in it so it is frequently mixed up with SNS which does not. Having a hard time finding a salon near me in McKinney/Plano/Richardson area that does true SNS. Does anyone know of one?

    ReplyDelete